Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Information and Technology Manager, the ideal candidate(s) will be responsible for the provision of quality, reliable and modern ICT services that support the operations of the Commission and contribute to overall efficiency, productivity and attainment of Commission objectives.
- Managing and maintain servers, internal and external mail in order to ensure availability for all users;
- Ensure Quality assurance and security management;
- Defines and evaluates business problems that may be resolved through data processing system;
- Ensuring standard software on all network stations and mobile devices;
- Ensuring that ICT problems initiated by users of hardware and software are dealt with within a timely and effective manner;
- Monitors system effectiveness in satisfying user needs;
- Troubleshoot, and resolve problems on the ICT systems operations to minimize systems downtime and ensures smooth running of all ICT systems;
- Ensure smooth running of the Commission’s ICT systems such as the Pastel Accounting System, the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 Loan Management Information System, Microsoft Exchange Server, etc;
- Provision of user support services and training in various off-shelf and in-house software;
- Install and maintenance of the network and internet/ intranet facilities in order to promote access, sharing and exchange of information and ensure proper installation, licensing and updating of software;
- Ensuring effective network infrastructure, including installation, monitoring and planning managing the LAN (Local Area Network) and Wide Area Network (WAN) in order to ensure that the Commission has an effective communication network;
- Email and Systems Administration
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate
- Degree in Computer Sciences or related field
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)or its equivalent
- Experience in network administration, including set up, maintenance and trouble shooting
- Demonstrable technical competence in ICT operations, Networks, Database and Systems management
- Good communication skills (both written and oral)
- Analytical skills
- Email Administration
- Team player
- Security Certification will be added advantage
- Working knowledge of Windows or Linux OS and Domain Name System (DNS)
- Knowledge of either Mysql, Oracle or MS SQL databases
- Member of the information communication technology association of Zambia (ICTAZ)
At least 5 years relevant and related working experience.
Interested candidates meeting the above profiles should submit application letters enclosing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the academic and professional certificates to the address below not later than 23 December 2022.
*The applications must be submitted in a sealed envelope indicating the position being applied for.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within two weeks after closure of the application period. Those who will not hear from us in the stated period should consider themselves unsuccessful.
The job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks and skills required to perform this job. The jobholder may be required to perform additional tasks and duties outside of this description if so required.
The Director General
Citizens Economic Empowerment Commission
Plot 6457, Los Angeles Boulevard
P.O Box 35068