INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER (1 POSITION) – LUSAKA
Reporting to the Director Corporate Services, the ideal candidate shall be responsible for planning, managing and providing quality, reliable and modern ICT services that support the operations of the Commission and contribute to overall efficiency, productivity and attainment of Commission objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the preparation of annual work plans and budgets for the Information Technology Unit and facilitate smooth execution of the activities of the Unit;
- Manage the development and implementation of an ICT Policy that provides a framework for supporting the Commission’s operations by producing enhancements to existing in-house systems and supporting new systems;
- Manage the installation and maintenance of the network and internet/ intranet facilities in order to promote access, sharing and exchange of information and ensure proper installation, licensing and updating of software;
- Manage the provision of user support services and training in various off-shelf and in-house software;
- Troubleshoot, and resolve problems on the ICT systems operations to minimize systems downtime and ensures smooth running of all ICT systems;
- Manage the Commission’s ICT systems such as the Pastel Accounting System, the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 Loan Management Information System, Microsoft Exchange Server, etc;
- Manage the Commission’s website and the generation and revision of the web page and uploading of information onto the domain hosting service;
- Manage the Wide Area Network (WAN) in order to ensure that the Commission has an effective communication network;
- Identify and ensure timely acquisition of relevant technologies for the Commission;
- Manage the Commission’s ICT equipment;
- Supervise and review the performance of subordinates to ensure effective execution of work plans and related activities in key result areas;
- Manage the preparation of periodic reports of the department’s activities;
- Ensure IT Security is achieved in a proactive manner
- Appraise staff performance, identify skill gaps and recommend training/capacity building;
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate
- Degree in Computer Sciences or related field
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) will be added advantage
- Experience in network administration, including set up, maintenance and trouble shooting
- Demonstrable technical competence in ICT operations, Networks, Database and Systems management
- Good communication skills (both written and oral)
- Analytical skills
- Web design and maintenance skills
- Team player
- Working knowledge of ITIL and/or COBIT processes
- Working knowledge of Windows or Linux OS and Domain Name System (DNS)
- Knowledge of either Mysql, Postgresql, Oracle or MS SQL databases
- Member of the Information Technology Society of Zambia (ITCAZ)
At least 10 years, 5years of which should have been at both technical and management level.
Interested candidates meeting the above profiles should submit application letters enclosing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the academic and professional certificates to the address below not later than 23 December 2022.
*The applications must be submitted in a sealed envelope indicating the position being applied for.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within two weeks after closure of the application period. Those who will not hear from us in the stated period should consider themselves unsuccessful.
The job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks and skills required to perform this job. The jobholder may be required to perform additional tasks and duties outside of this description if so required.
The Director General
Citizens Economic Empowerment Commission
Plot 6457, Los Angeles Boulevard
P.O Box 35068