This is a Project Finance facility that aims to finance existing miners and processors in Zambia with viable businesses. The product is targeting MSMEs and Cooperatives in production, processing and marketing. The country to tap into regional and global markets and value chains through local beneficiation and value addition to minerals. This product will also promotion of both domestic and foreign direct investment in the production of components for batteries, electric motor vehicles and renewable energies.
The minimum loan amount shall be K100,000. Based on the research undertaken while developing this product, the Commission will not set the maximum threshold but will allow the MSMEs and Cooperatives’ investment and collateral requirements determine the maximum amount. This is largely because mining businesses require huge capital investment. This however shall be an affordable, competitive, easily accessible product with a flexible repayment plan.
LOAN INTEREST AND TENOR
The loan will attract 12% interest per annum and maximum loan tenure which shall be Sixty (60) months. Six (6) months grace period for Principal loan repayment shall be given to all loan beneficiaries to operationalize the project.
Eligibility of beneficiaries shall be based on the following;
- Established and operating as a small-medium scale miner or processor (MSMEs and Cooperatives) with a viable business project.
- Beneficiary must be a Zambian Citizen with a Green National Registration Card
- Must be able to provide sufficient collateral to cover the loan. The Commission will accept movable and immovable assets as collateral. This will include; Machinery, Company Stock, Motor Vehicles, Landed Properties, Credit guarantees and Account receivable.
The Commission targets to empower the following Citizens ;
- Youths- 40% (Female and Male individuals between the ages of 18 to 35 years)
- Women- 40% (Females above 35 years)
- Persons with Disability- 5% (In line with Persons with Disabilities No. 6 of 2012 will include female and male youths, women and men)
- Men- 15% (Males above 35 years)
|Mining||Mineral Exploration, Electric Vehicle Batteries, Gemstone Processing, Marketing, Supplier of Mining Equipment, Materials and Services etc.|
MSMEs and Cooperatives who meet the above criteria are encouraged to submit complete Project applications with the correct attachments on the Online Portal during the current Call for Applications.